Wikipedia eklektiline sügavus III
Tundub, et Wikipediast pole veel eklektilisemad artiklid ammendunud, seega hea võimalus mõnda neist teistega jagada:
- Fainting goat is a breed of domestic goat whose muscles freeze for roughly 10 seconds when the goat is startled. When startled, younger goats will stiffen and fall over. Older goats learn to spread their legs or lean against something when startled, and often they continue to run about in an awkward, stiff-legged shuffle.
- Tepui is a table-top mountain found only in the Guayana highlands of South America, especially in Venezuela.They tend to be found as isolated entities rather than in connected ranges, which makes them the host of a unique array of endemic plant and animal species
- Lady Be Good was an American B-24D Liberator of the United States Army Air Forces during World War II. Based at Benina Airfield in Soluch (today Suluq), Libya, it crashed in April 1943 returning from a mission and was later discovered hundreds of miles into the Sahara with its crew mysteriously missing.
- Valediction is an expression used to say farewell (goodbye), especially at the end of a letter. The word comes from the Latin valedicere, meaning “to say goodbye”. The word valediction is often used loosely in English to refer to a complimentary closing, which is a courteous formula used to end a letter.
- Plasma cosmology is a non-standard cosmology generally attributed to Nobel Prize winner Hannes Alfvén in the 1960s that attempts to explain the development of the visible universe through the interaction of electromagnetic forces on astrophysical plasma. It contradicts the current consensus of astrophysicists that Einstein’s Theory of general relativity explains the origin and evolution of the universe on its largest scales, relying instead on the further development of classical mechanics and electrodynamics as applied to astrophysical plasmas.
Categorised as: ...