Wikipedia eklektiline sügavus V
Mida oleks arvanud Borges sellisest lõpmatult kirjust ja pidevalt muutuvast entsükopeediast nagu Wikipedia, kus kõrvuti seisavad nii reaalne ja muutumatu kui väljamõeldud ja pidevalt muutuv?
- Yellow journalism the term originated from the New York Press coined term yellow kid journalism in early 1897 after a then-popular comic strip to describe the down market papers of Pulitzer and Hearst, which both published versions of it during a circulation war. This was soon shortened to yellow journalism with the New York Press insisting, “We called them Yellow because they are Yellow.”
- Folly is a building constructed strictly as a decoration, having none of the usual purposes of housing or sheltering associated with a conventional structure. They originated as decorative accents in parks and estates. “Folly” is used in the sense of fun or light-heartedness, not in the sense of something ill-advised.
- Bezoar is a sort of calculus or concretion, a stone found in the intestines of mostly ruminant animals, but occurring among others including humans. There are several varieties of bezoar, some of which have inorganic constituents and others organic.
- Liger is a crossbreed between lion and tiger. The liger is the largest animal in the cat family and the largest non-obese liger is said to weigh over 1,100 lbs, over twice the size of a male lion or a male tiger.
- Dorodango is a Japanese art form in which earth and water are moulded to create a shiny sphere. The core of the ball is made of basic mud, and further dusted with finer-grained soil before the water is drawn out through various methods- even sealing the ball inside a plastic bag and letting the water evaporate and then condense. Once the ball is fully tempered and hardened, it is polished by hand and displayed.
Categorised as: ...