Wikipedia eklektiline sügavus VII
Vahelduseks väljavõtteid teiste eksistentsiaalsetest mõtisklustest:
- The Baku Atashga or “Fire Temple” is a castle-like religious structure in Surakhani, a suburb of greater Baku, Azerbaijan. The pentagonal complex, which has an courtyard surrounded by cells for monks and a tetrapillar-altar in the middle, was built during the 17th and 18th centuries. It was abandoned after 1883 when oil and gas plants were established in the vicinity.
- Maitreya is a future Buddha of this world in Buddhist eschatology. Maitreya’s coming will occur after the teachings of the current Gautama Buddha, the Dharma, are no longer taught and are completely forgotten.
- Ford-class aircraft carriers will be the next generation supercarrier for the United States Navy. Carriers of this class will incorporate many new design features including a new nuclear reactor design, stealthier features to help reduce radar profile, electromagnetic catapults, and advanced arresting gear. With the most modern equipment and extensive use of automation the Navy will be able to reduce the crew requirement and the total cost of future aircraft carriers.
- Myrrh is a reddish-brown resinous material, the dried sap of a number of trees. It was used as an embalming ointment and was used, up until about the 15th century, as a penitential incense in funerals and cremations.
- Lingam is a symbol for the worship of the Hindu deity Shiva. The use of this symbol for worship is an ancient tradition in India extending back at least to the early Indus Valley civilization.
- The Foundation Stone is the name of the rock at the heart of the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem. According to the sages of the Talmud it was from this rock that the world was created, itself being the first part of the Earth to come into existence.
Categorised as: ...